the Chicoree Museum De Krop, Dorpsstraat 9b, 1910 Kampenhout Belgium
Welcome by Rita Demaré
10:10 – 10:45
Economic reporting by Luc Vanoirbeek
10:45 – 12:15
Panel discussion with representatives of producers, OP, retail and research centers.
Topics: sales, energy crisis, employment evolution, consumption, research and more.
Participants: Jo Lambrecht (BelOrta), Mia Demeulemeester (Inagro), Koos Groot (Tolpoort Vegetables), Tim De Clercq (Praktijkpunt Landbouw) & Marnick De Visschere (grower REO veiling)
12:15 – 12:45
Consumption, sales and marketing trends for Chicory in the EU by Luc Van Bellegem, VLAM
12:45 – 13:30
Lunch by BelOrta Greenhouse Foodtruck
13:30 – 14:20
Topics presented by the research centers
- Altchem sustainable alternatives for chemical soil disinfestation by Kathelijne Ferket, Praktijpunt
- Phytophthora by Emma Vandenbogaerde, Inagro
- Weed control 2.0 by Jan Vanwijnsberghe Inagro
- Discolorations & quality by Isabel De Jaegere, KU Leuven
- Ethylene usage and red discoloration by Bert Verlinden, VCBT
14:20 – 14:50
International points of view :
- Herman Claeys, Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety & Environment (Belgium)
- Fabian Etter, Swiss & Diva (Switzerland)
- Wilco van den Berg, GroentenFruit Huis (Netherlands)
15:10 – 15:30
Challenges and threats for the organic chicory production by Lieven Delanote
Precision farming and robotization by ILVO & DD Automation by Jordy Windels & Dominiek Deboosere
16:30 – 17:00
Care4 growing, the new registration app for growers developed by LAVA by Steven Boen
Conclusions of the day
Walking dinner, network event and official handing over of the flag
Registration are now open.
Don’t miss the occasion to meet your suppliers and colleagues.